Electronic Document Management System (eDocMS)
Note: See resources directory for additional resources like style sheet, VSS templates, etc.
Step 1 - Start up
Double Click on the eDocMS icon on you desktop as shown below.
Step 2 - Enter Data
Select [Data Entry] Tab and enter the document you want to have links to.
The Document Path can be :
- Web-Site Link ( http://google.ca )
- File Name Path ( c:\data\myfile.txt )
- Folder Name ( c:\data\home work )
Enter some keywords in the bottom grid. These are words that you think you will use to access the document.
If you don't choose a Category, the default Category of "All" will be used.
Step 3 - Lookup
Select [Look Up] Tab and enter a keyword that you think it might be associated with the document you are looking for.
- This button fetches or refresh the screen to get the latest data you just entered.
- This button opens the document that you are looking for.
- These buttons are used for MS Visual Source Safe Version Control Software. These are advanced features.
- First button is for check-out and edit.
- Second button is for check-in.
- Third button is for add-new-file.
Please contact us for further instructions on this feature.